Our hospital is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers and visitors. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are fully prepared to care for patients, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in partnership with our local and state health departments.
Below are a number of resources to help educate you and your family on COVID-19. For more information on the virus, please contact the health department.
COVID-19 Online Risk Assessment
To help support the health of our community, we are providing access to an online COVID-19 risk assessment developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This tool does NOT provide a diagnosis, and it should NOT be used as a substitute for an assessment made by a healthcare provider.
At Fleming County Hospital, our top priority is safeguarding the health and well being of our patients, providers, employees and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. As current projections continue to indicate a lower than expected volume of COVID-19 in our region, we are pleased to ease the visitor restrictions at our facilities as of 6AM on January 25, 2021.
- Each patient may have one WELL visitor per day;
- End-of-life care visits from immediate family and clergy;
- No visitors under 16 years of age.
All visitors and patients will continue to be screened and have their temperature taken upon entry. Patients undergoing surgery or procedures should have their visitor wait in their car while waiting on surgical/procedural updates/discharge instructions from a nurse. Visitors who do not pass the screening at entry will be asked to reschedule their visit until they are symptom-free.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and team.
Fleming County Hospital has taken the following measures to prepare, in accordance with CDC guidelines:
- Personal protective equipment is available, including face masks and eye protection, for example.
- Hand hygiene products are easily accessible throughout the facility.
We want to assure our community that our providers and clinical teams are well-trained and prepared to manage outbreaks of viruses and infectious diseases, including the coronavirus. For more information on the virus, please contact the Fleming County Health Department or visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.cdc.gov.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Kentucky Department for Public Health
- Fleming County Health Department
- Kentucky Emergency Management (KYEM)
- Fleming County Emergency Management
- Kentucky Hospital Association
If you need immediate medical care, contact your healthcare provider to describe your symptoms and any recent travels before you go to the healthcare facility.
- Cloth Face Covering Instructions and Guidance
- Handwashing/Hygiene Reminders
- What Fleming County Hospital is Doing and What You Can Do
- Medical and Protective Supplies and Equipment Donation
Page Last Reviewed: December 7, 2020
Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)